2020-01 CU Sleep: What We Know and How We Can Help, Shaffer
||This webinar will review the latest findings from neuroscience of sleep and their implications forbiofeedback and neurofeedback practice. We will review sleep stages and their functions, sleepdisorders, the limitations and dangers of sleep medications, simple behavioral interventions toimprove sleep, and the efficacy of biofeedback and neurofeedback for insomnia.
Participants will be able to:
1. explain the functions of sleep and consequences of sleep deprivation.
2. describe sleep stages (REM and NREM) and their functions.
3. identify common sleep disorders.
4. discuss the limitations and dangers of over-the-counter and prescriptionsleep medication.
5. describe simple behavioral interventions to improve sleep.
6. evaluate the efficacy of Biofeedback and Neurofeedback in insomnia.