Webinar 17-08: CU: Integrative Mgt of Chronic Sensitized Pain, Jay Ginsberg
Emerging data from ongoing research on Autonomic Self-Regulation (ASR), case studies, and clinical experiences will show how ASR can help manage centrally sensitized chronic pain, and how heart rate variability (HRVB) brings to patients bottom-up physiological coherence and top-down empowerment that leads to reduction in pain's interference in daily activity, as well as reduction in stress and depression. This webinar will delve into the basic science of HRV and its relationship to ASR, discuss HRV parameters, show how to practice of ASR, and explore how many pain chronic pain conditions such as musculoskeletal injury, fibromyalgia, and irritable bowel syndrome benefit from ASR.
|Webinar 17-08: Clinical Update: Integrative Mgt of Chronic Sensitized Pain||Jul 21, 2017||
1:30 PM MT
|What will participants learn:|
1. Define chronic sensitized pain and Autonomic Self-Regulation (ASR)
2. Describe the basic science of heart rate variability (HRV) and its relationship to ASR
3. Summarize the nervous system pathways shared by chronic sensitized pain and ASR
4. Describe the application of ASR to chronic sensitized pain
5. Identify HRV parameters that are biomarkers of poor emotional and physical health
6. Discuss how ASR can be used for health assessment and behavioral change
7. Explain ASR techniques and tools.